Thursday, July 24, 2014

“A walk, that invited sights”

                                               The clock ticked 5.20 P.M, as I stepped out of my house for the usual evening mass. Mother Nature seemed to be sobbing for some reason or the other, for her tears kissed each and everything on the bare earth. On being sure that I was making my way to the church, I sought the help of an umbrella or else if my destination had not been the church, I wouldn’t have missed the kisses that Mother Nature left surprisedly. Not wading up my Jean, I managed to walk without getting my foot dirty with the muddy water that began to flood and fill itself up, wherever it could. Knowing the truth that the mass never starts on time, I walked as slow as I could, between the motion of a hair and a tortoise.

Two deviations to reach the church, my sight got the attention of many objects that always stood still. As I moved a few steps forward, I saw the temple that disturbed my sleep daily with her early monotonous songs. She stood silent then, as I went past her and it was one of those rare moments, where she kept her loudspeakers muted. Feeling a bit relieved, I continued my walk. Now that the camera attached to the entrance of a big house and my eyes exchanged views. The dance school on the left side of the first deviation on the road remained tight-lipped whereas the sounds of the talkative students and their teacher, nearby the dance school could be heard from a distance. I took my first deviation to the lane, which always looked obsessed like it had been hypnotized for some reason and where I could hardly notice anything; except for the muddy water that filled each and every perforation on the road.

 Giving sides to the vehicles that passed my way, I took the next deviation, where the centre of attraction for me, was that papaya tree which adorned herself with her huge fruits. The papayas numbered less as with yesterdays…I wondered whether it was the house owner or the bats which invaded them. Shifting my view from it, I saw the guy who always sits on his courtyard with a laptop. Even though he held it on his lap, his vision always directed to the people that passed the road.

‘Just wasting energy in both the sense.’ I sighed

He showed extreme concern to humanity without doubt as it was a routine work for him. The downpour has left the road lonely and even the church premises felt it, as I moved along. The marble and tile slabs on the cemetery felt the presence of the rain as they appeared a bit clean from dust and dirt as before. Even though my mobile displayed 5.35 P.M on its screen, the priest seemed to have forgotten it.  Hoping that the mass would start in a few minutes, I got into and felt my seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment