Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Amore...


 We stood this much closer!
My lips close to her ears,
To murmur those words
That might have taken her to ecstasy.
Though the flames engulf everything,
My love for her couldn't burn down outwardly.
It burned inside me,
Leaving my heart ache
Each and every moment,
I saw or stood beside her.

There was a need on my part,
To let her know that,
I fell not in love with her body
But in her soul and the 
Words she spoke.
Though I could never assure
Whether she loved me;
But I knew it from her eyes,
That unspoken love she always bore.

Yet we remained apart ,
In distances immeasurable
And in silent voyages;
Journeying through the limelight of life.
Oblivious as to whether we 
Might open up or if it so happens,
Whether we may be bonded as
One.

No comments:

Post a Comment